Improve your lower-intermediate French by developing speaking and listening skills and acquiring a greater understanding of French grammar.
What topics will we cover?
Here is what you might cover over a typical course. It is flexible rather than prescriptive, in that it would be adapted to your specific level, aims and interests.
Topics & Vocabulary:
- Talking about a task
- Welcoming someone new in the company and introducing him/her to the others
- Taking part in a informal conversation on daily life
- Advising someone
- Taking part in a meeting
- Describing an action plan
- Talking about work conditions
- Discussing a project
- Talking and describing an object
- Describing and praising a service
- Describing a project
- Writing a simple code/ charter
- Discussing the news
- Leaving a voicemail
- Organizing a business trip
- Reacting when facing a difficulty
- Writing a formal email/ letter
- Reporting an event
- Talking about your work experience and motivations.
- Present tense: revision
- Present continuous
- Past tense to express a past habit
- Past tenses: revision/ use of passé composé and imparfait
- Possessive pronouns
- Personal pronouns
- Imperative tense
- Conditional present (to make a polite request or talk about an hypothesis)
- Hypothesis: Si+ present/ Si+ imparfait
- Reflexive verbs: reciprocity
- Pronoun « en »
- Pronoun « y »
- Pronoun « dont »
- Pronoun « où »
- Adjectives : words order
- Impersonal expressions + infinitive
- Adjectives tout/ toute
- Indirect speech/ present tense
- Indefinite pronouns (quelqu’un/personne/ quelque chose/ rien)
- Present/conditional + infinitive (to suggest or express a wish)
- Past participle agreement.
- Lots of speaking/active practice
- Lots of listening
- Pronunciation (key sounds, liaisons, intonation, rhythm)
- Paid holidays in France
- September: la rentrée!
- Formal/ Informal speech
- Working in France: some expatriates talk about their lives in France
- Pay slips explained
- Business ethic
The topics/ vocabulary or grammar won’t be studied in this order.
Material: teacher’s own material, selected texts & newspaper articles, real life documents, comic strips, online material, PP slides. It is possible to use a textbook if you wish to do so, we can talk about it.
All the lessons are truly tailor made courses and customisable. I will listen to you and adapt and modify them where and when appropriate.
To discuss your needs or course content, please contact me.