Never studied French?
Do you need to speak French at work or are you planning to work in France or in a French-speaking country? Then this course is for you!
What topics will we cover?
Here is what you might cover over a typical course. It is flexible rather than prescriptive, in that it would be adapted to your specific level, aims and interests.
Topics & Vocabulary:
- Greeting someone (formal/ informal speech)
- Talking about your profession/ family
- Asking questions
- Expressing likes/ dislikes
- Saying your age/ asking about someone’s age / numbers
- Expressing frequency
- Filling in a form
- Talking about yourself
- Writing a cheque
- Talking about the weather/ small talks
- Making a telephone call/ answering a call.
- Writing an email
- Expressing cause and effect
- Asking someone to do something
- Expressing obligations
- Expressing a wish
- Telling the time
- Asking for information
- Asking for/ giving directions
- Booking a train ticket/ taking the public transports
- Talking about future actions
- Booking a hotel bedroom
- Understanding estate agencies ads/ describing a place
- Expressing an opinion
- Expressing nuances
- Writing a formal letter
- Talking about past events.
- Lots of speaking/active practice
- Lots of listening
- Pronunciation (key sounds, liaisons).
- Business etiquette
- Formal/ informal speech
- 10 most successful French companies
- Telephone etiquette.
- Most common regular and irregular verbs/ present tense
- Indefinite/ definite articles
- Adjective of nationalities
- Nouns of professions
- Questions (formal/ informal)
- Possessive adjectives
- Tonic pronouns
- Place prepositions
- Personal pronouns
- Express a cause
- Time indicators
- Ordinal numbers
- There is/ there are: il y a
- Near future
- Adjectives to describe a person
- Expressing quantities
- Past tense: passé compose
- Past time indicators
- Direct/ indirect pronouns.
The topics/ vocabulary or grammar won’t be studied in this order.
Material: teacher’s own material, selected texts & newspaper articles, real life documents, comic strips, online material, PP slides. It is possible to use a textbook if you wish to do so, we can talk about it.
All the lessons are truly tailor made courses and customisable. I will listen to you and adapt and modify them where and when appropriate.
To discuss your needs or course content, please contact me.