The sample syllabus below is designed to provide you with a good idea of what you might cover over a typical course. It is flexible rather than prescriptive, in that it would be adapted to your specific level, aims and interests.
The topics/ vocabulary or grammar won’t necessarily be studied in this order.
- greetings, introductions and meeting people
- numbers, letters, key sounds
- ordering food and drinks, in a cafe, in a restaurant, booking a table
- booking a hotel room
- booking a ticket
- asking for help/ directions.
- Telling the time, dates, months, weather, seasons
- Describe your home, family, work, daily routine
- Hotels/accommodation: asking about facilities, registering, tipping
- Talking about what you like, hobbies, activities
- Talking about plans
- Useful phrases for, agreeing & disagreeing, inviting, offering, accepting & refusing, giving
- Etiquette/ dos’ and don’ts
- Towns and Regions
- Typical regional dishes
- Customs/traditions, celebrations.
- Lots of active speaking practice (e.g. role-plays)
- Lots of listening
- Pronunciation (key sounds/ letters combinations)
- Fluency development (questions and answers, etc.)
- Introduction to reading and writing.
- Revision: basic Grammar rules: tenses, negatives, questions, sentence patterns, words order
- Present, Past, Recent, Future activities
- Quantity, frequency
- Prepositions for talking about movement and location
- Basic grammar rules (word order, number agreement, pronouns, adjectives, articles, etc. where appropriate)
- Nouns – feminine, masculine, singular, plural
- Most important verbs/ present tense
- Articles – definite and indefinite
- Core prepositions of place, time and direction
- Adjective agreement in gender and number
- Different type of questions
- Il y a + Il n’y a pas (there is/ are- there isn’t/ aren’t).
Themes/Vocabulary could include the following elements.
All the lessons are truly tailor made courses and customisable. I will listen to you and adapt and modify them where and when appropriate.
To discuss your needs or course content, please contact me.