The DELF is a diploma which officially certifies your level of knowledge of the French language; it is designed to assess the communicative skills of a candidate in real situations using authentic documents. The focus will be on the four main language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, combined with aspects of local culture.
This certification is key to work and study in France and the Francophone world. It is issued by the French Ministry of Education and as such, it is recognized everywhere in the world, without expiration or time restrictions.
The 4 DELF diplomas (A1-A2 – B1-B2) can be earned and awarded independently of each other, in the same or different country. This official certification is composed of 4 independent diplomas, which correspond to the 4 first levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). (To check your level, please click here).
The DELF also exists in a version adapted for adolescents: DELF Junior A1 to B2.
To study in a French university, a DELF B2 is required. You can register directly at examination centers in France or in our own country. Please click here for more information regarding studying at a French university.
To learn more about the DELF, click here.
- Although I always try to keep up- to- date as best as I can, please the information I give you with official channels, as rules and requirements can change quickly.
– To learn more about the DELF A1, click here
– To learn more about the DELF A2, click here
– To learn more about the DELF B1, click here
– To learn more about the DELF B2, click here
To discuss your needs or course content, please contact me.