Do you own a house/ apartment in France? Do you want to buy a house there? Then this course is for you! Learn how to communicate in day-to-day situations, as well as in specific situations (dealing with paperwork, calling a plumber etc).
For each tailor-made 60-minute one-to-one lesson, at no extra cost, I will:
- Provide you with free online learning material (presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material)
- If you wish, give you homework for you to complete before the following lesson
- Correct your homework (Most language schools do not offer this additional work but it is crucial in order to make real & quick progress!)
EXTRA: In addition to the lessons and the homework and in order to practice your French on a daily basis, I will create online flashcards and games you can use with different devices like your mobile, tablet, computer etc.
What will we cover?
The sample syllabus below is designed to provide you with a good idea of what you might cover over a typical course. It is flexible rather than prescriptive, in that it would be adapted to your specific level, aims and interests.
A language cannot be learnt in isolation, and therefore you will also work on your command of general language skills. As part of this, you will take a systematic approach to grammar, vocabulary development, and skills work. The topics/vocabulary or grammar won’t necessarily be studied in this order.
Topics & Vocabulary:
- Looking for a place: understanding/ writing an ad
- Estate agencies, filling in a form
- Avoiding the traps
- Moving house/ flat
- Buying a property: the law, the process, the paperwork
- Property taxes
- Renting a place: the law, the procedure, paperwork
- Compulsory diagnostic surveys
- Waste disposal
- Telephone registration & installation
- Household insurance
- Renting/ refurbishing: who pays what?
- When things go wrong: complaining, what to do and how?
- Carrez law
- The solicitor: role
- The bailiff: role
- Finding a building company
- Renting: rent increase
P.S. This course’s aim is to give you the necessary vocabulary and grammar you will need to buy/ rent a place in France. I will do my best to help you and provide you with accurate information but please bear in mind I am not an estate agent or solicitor! : )
Material: teacher’s own material, selected texts & newspaper articles, real life documents, comic strips, online material, PP slides.
All the lessons are truly tailor made courses and customisable. I will listen to you and adapt and modify them where and when appropriate.
To discuss your needs or course content, please contact me.