Weekend course outline
All the lessons are truly tailor made courses and customisable. I will listen to you and adapt and modify them where and when appropriate.
The sample syllabus below is designed to provide you with a good idea of what you might cover over a typical course. It is flexible rather than prescriptive, in that it would be adapted to your specific level, aims and interests.
Themes/Vocabulary could include the following elements:
- Interviewing each other: exchanging personal details and chatting
- Life stories
- Country & City
- Numbers, time, dates and weather
- Body parts, illnesses, feelings
- Visiting the doctor
- Describe physical and personality attributes.
And, where appropriate:
- Doing business, talking about jobs
- Telephoning, invitations, leaving a message
- Making appointments
- Buying or renting an apartment.
- Education: university/college system
- Work and careers
- Celebrities, famous people, film, literature, media.
- Lots of active speaking practice (e.g. role-plays)
- Lots of listening
- Pronunciation and fluency development (key sounds, questions and answers, etc.)
- More on reading and writing (where appropriate).
- Further verbs and tenses contrast
- Further noun and preposition grammar (cases, gender, prepositions, postpositions where appropriate)
- Structuring messages (chatting, stories, emails, etc. where appropriate).
The topics/ vocabulary or grammar won’t necessarily be studied in this order.
To discuss your needs or course content, please contact me.