Are you a doctor, nurse or medicine student living in a French- speaking country? Or maybe you are planning to move to a French-speaking country? Doctors/ nurses and medicine students are very busy with hectic work schedules; it makes it difficult to attend a class in a language school. Skype lessons would give you the flexibility you need.
Material used :
Le français des médecins. Auteurs : Thomas Fassier/ Solange Talavera-Goy. Editions PUG.
Niveau B2-C1. DVD inclus (40 vidéos).
ISBN : 972- 2-7061-1432-8.
+ teacher’s own material, selected texts & newspaper articles, real life documents, comic strips, online material, PP slides.
The sample syllabus below is designed to provide you with a good idea of what you might cover over a typical course. It is flexible rather than prescriptive, in that it would be adapted to your specific level, aims and interests.
A language cannot be learnt in isolation, and therefore you will also work on your command of general language skills. As part of this, you will take a systematic approach to grammar, vocabulary development, and skills work.
What will we cover?
Topics & Vocabulary:
- To get to know the medical and paramedical team.
- To question patients
- To examine a patient
- To give instructions
- To write a letter/ ask a senior colleague’s opinion
- To read the biological test’s results and interpret them
- To visit a patient
- To prescribe a treatment and explain a prescription
- To organize a patient home return and write a report
- To agree on a exam appointment or a consultation
- To welcome and inform a patient’s family
- To make a presentation and discuss a medical article
- To discuss a clinical case with a house physician
- To take over from someone.
All the lessons are truly tailor made courses and customisable. I will listen to you and adapt and modify them where and when appropriate.
To discuss your needs or course content, please contact me.