Booked a sunny break in France? Or maybe a ski holiday in France or Switzerland and would like to learn key phrases you’ll need over there? There isn’t a lot of time left before you land there? Then my 5 hour holiday course is for you!
All the lessons are truly tailor made courses and customisable. I will listen to you and adapt and modify them where and when appropriate.
The sample syllabus below is designed to provide you with a good idea of what you might cover over a typical course. It is flexible rather than prescriptive, in that it would be adapted to your specific level, aims and interests.
Themes/Vocabulary could include the following elements:
- Introducing yourself/ meeting people
- Giving personal details (address, telephone number, email, age, profession)
- Ordering food/ drinks
- Shopping for food, clothes, souvenirs
- Useful adjectives/colours,
- The time, days of the week, months,
- The weather/seasons
- Booking a hotel room
- Checking into a hotel
- Ordering food and drinks
- Using a taxi, public transport/buying a ticket
- Asking for help/ directions
- Going to the doctor/ pharmacist
- Useful expressions.
- Customs, traditions, celebrations, etiquette, dos’ and don’ts
- Lots of active speaking practice (e.g. role-plays)
- Lots of listening
- Pronunciation (key sounds/ letters combinations)
- Fluency development (questions and answers, etc.)
- Introduction to reading and writing.
- Basic grammar rules (word order, number agreement, pronouns, adjectives, articles, etc. where appropriate)
- Nouns:feminine, masculine, singular, plural
- Most important verbs/ present tense
- Articles (definite and indefinite)
- Core prepositions of place, time and direction
- Adjective agreement in gender and number
- Different type of questions
- Il y a + Il n’y a pas (there is/ are- there isn’t/ aren’t).
The topics/ vocabulary or grammar won’t necessarily be studied in this order.
Price: 175 euros. What does the lesson price include?
The price you pay is all inclusive and includes:
- 5 tailor-made one-to-one lessons (5 X60 minutes),
- my lesson preparation,
- the materials you need for the lesson,
- homework and flashcards I prepare for you on Quizlet,
- marking of your homework,
- a free newsletter
- access to additional resources I make available to you via my Facebook and Pinterest accounts.
To discuss your needs or course content, please contact me.