About to move to France or another French-speaking country? Are you afraid of feeling completely lost once you arrive there? Pssst, here is the solution! Don’t wait; prepare before you move by enrolling on my tailor-made French course for relocation!
The key focus will often be to develop communicative fluency, accuracy, and confidence. The communicative work will also be underpinned by a systematic approach to grammar, vocabulary development, and skills work.
The topics/vocabulary or grammar won’t necessarily be studied in this order.
What will we cover?
The sample syllabus below is designed to provide you with a good idea of what you might cover over a typical course. It is flexible rather than prescriptive, in that it would be adapted to your specific level, aims and interests.
Example: Life and work in France.
Topics & vocabulary:
- Everyday conventions: greetings, punctuality, meals etc
- Body language & gestures
- Do’s & taboos
- The country (geography/climates/ regional differences).
- Looking for a flat/ a house/ the rules and the paperwork
- Working in France: etiquette/ filling in a document/ emails/ phone calls etc
- Food/ meals/ being a guest or host in France
- Transports (ex: buying a ticket/ trip)
- Directions: asking/ giving
- Health system: going to the doctor
- Asking for help
- Education system
- Paperwork/ Tax system
- Political system/ Institutions/ Justice
- Going out
- Issuing and responding to invitations
- Telling stories//anecdotes
- Making small talks
- Bank holidays/ celebrations/ holiday
- National traditions/ customs
- Shopping (different type of shops, common expressions)
- French industries/ agriculture
- French culture (art/ literature/ cinema/ music etc)
- Tenses: present/ past/ future/ conditional (regular and irregular verbs)
- “If” sentences & hypothesizing
- Word order
- Linking words/ connectors
- Reporting speech
- Complex prepositions
Material: teacher’s own material, selected texts & newspaper articles, real life documents, comic strips, online material, PP slides.
All the lessons are truly tailor made courses and customisable. I will listen to you and adapt and modify them where and when appropriate.
This course can be refined and extended according to your specific needs. It can include a greater amount of specific country or area profiling, or focus on the traditions and history of the destination country, for example.
To discuss your needs or course content, please contact me.